【英語島實驗室】商務交流這麼說,得體又精準

說英文的時候,直接與婉轉的拿捏先從選擇對的字/說法開始,既不失禮,也不含糊。

用對口氣
客氣請求時,用"Could"取代" Can ";"Would"取代" Will "
太直接: The report is not good. You can fix it.


較客氣: There are a few problems with the report, could you fix it?

用被動取代主動
在給予負面評論時,盡量用被動,聽起來客氣、不刺耳。
主動: You didn’t complete this project satisfactorily.


被動: This project wasn’t completed satisfactorily

選對字
Opportunity: 表達「賺錢的好機會」;「面試的機會」


I’m very interested in this opportunity.
我對這個機會很有興趣。

Pick your brains: 向…請教


Maybe I could pick your brains a bit about the Taiwanese market the next time I pass through Taipei.
或許下次我順道來台北的時候,可以向你請教有關台灣市場的看法。

Please consider: 懇請考慮


Please consider us for your next project too.
下次您的專案也可以考慮我們。

I hope you consider.
希望您可以考慮。

Would it possible to… : 有沒有可能……

Would it be possible to get this back to me before the end of the day?
這個有沒有可能在今天下班前回給我。

If your schedule permits: 如果時間上許可……


Could you meet for lunch if your schedule permits?
如果你的時間許可,我們午餐可以碰個面嗎?

Timeline/Timeframe: 時程


What timeframe do you think you can complete this project in?
你覺得這個專案什麼時候會完成?

*本文收錄於英語島English Island 2017年9月號